Kinds of hosting services
A hosting solution involves keeping and/or sharing particular content on a web hosting server handled by a website hosting vendor. There are various categories of hosting services used for various purposes, so let's have a peek at these. In that way, you can conclude what you want, depending on whether you desire to own a web site, mail accounts, or to share files with mates and colleagues.
- File hosting: a service furnished by given firms, which lets you share enormous files. These could be disk images, films, audio files, archives, and so on. This service is also known as file storage, and its single designation is to share files, since it does not offer web site uploading. Once the files are uploaded, you will either obtain a randomly generated download link for each of them, or you will be able to view a roster of all the files in a directory, but you will be unable to view .html or .php website files in your browser. Free file hosting plans often involve ads beside the download links, while a timer obliges you to await a given stretch of time to view them. A given file can be downloaded with restricted speed. If you get a paid file hosting package, there are no limits as to how many files you can upload/download at once, and also there is no limit as far as the download speed and the file size are concerned.
At present, with the help of the cPanel hosting companies, "file hosting" is being renamed to the more fashionable "cloud hosting". This is a thoroughly incorrect explanation of the literal definition of "cloud hosting". A real cloud website hosting system would distribute the load between separate bunches of web hosting servers in a cluster, which are devoted to serving various hosting services (mail, web space, stats, DNS, databases, web site hosting CP, and so on.) So, the file hosting service is only a type of a disk space hosting solution, not a cloud hosting one. It's not even near.
- Image hosting: close to file hosting; specific suppliers provide a hosting service for images exclusively. This hosting kind is suitable if you want to share a huge amount of images with comrades or acquaintances since the solution is mostly free of cost. You will get a randomly generated link for each and every picture or album and you can then share this link. As with the file hosting solution, .html and .php files are not compatible, so the service cannot be used for sites.
- Email hosting: a solution devoted to tackling your e-mailbox accounts. Some corporations provide hosting services for websites, but do not supply an email hosting solution. If you want to own a mail address with your domain name but do not wish to run a site, then the email hosting service is what you want. You can open email mailbox accounts and administer them, but there will be no hosting solution for the domains. The email hosting solution includes incoming POP/IMAP and outgoing SMTP servers.
- Video hosting: this solution enables you to upload and share videos. You can either share a link to a certain video clip, or you can embed the video file in your web site that is hosted somewhere else. The benefit of availing of this approach in lieu of uploading the video clip in a hosting account is that the video clip generates a specific amount of CPU load, so with a bunch of videos and several hundred web page viewers, you may have a hard time with your web site hosting supplies. Embedding the video file will allow you to possess as many videos as you would like without worrying about system reserves.
- Web page hosting: this is the service that you require if you desire to keep a web site. To some extent, it contains all of the abovementioned hosting kinds since, along with your web pages, you can also host pictures and files, you can create databases and emails, upload video clips, etc. At Imox hosting, for instance, you can have a gaze at web hosting and dedicated server hosting solutions that allow you to have all of the aforesaid services in one single location. There may be limitations depending on the sort of hosting service that you've settled on - a free hosting account, a paid shared hosting package, a VPS or a dedicated server. Depending on that, your webspace hosting account may be better or worse in comparison with the normal e-mail/file/video/image hosting packages that are purposed for particular content exclusively.